3rd Int'l AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media
May 17 - 20, 2009, San Jose, California
See closing remarks here
This interdisciplinary conference brings together researchers and industry leaders interested in creating and analyzing social media. Past conferences have included technical papers from areas such as computer science, linguistics, psychology, statistics, sociology, multimedia and semantic web technologies.
Papers are solicited in areas including (but not limited to) the following:
- Psychological, personality-based, sociological, or ethnographic studies of social media, or the relationship between social media and mainstream media.
- Analysis of patterns and/or spreading of influence between bloggers; tools for assessing trust and reputation; social network analysis (e.g.,community identification, expertise discovery, etc), as applied to social media; and analysis of trends and time series in social media.
- Methods for ranking bloggers and/or blogs by user relevance, or ranking web pages based on blogs; and techniques for crawling, spidering and indexing social media.
- Human-computer interaction studies of tools for using social media; novel ways of applying or interacting with social media; and visualization of social media or social networks.
- Application of computational linguistics to of social media (e.g. entity or fact extraction, discourse analysis, summarization, sentiment analysis, etc); probabilistic modeling of social media; and identification of demographic information (e.g., gender, age, etc) in social media.
- Semantic web approaches to managing socially constructed knowledge or collaborative creation of structured knowledge.
As in previous conferences, collections of social-media data will be provided by ICWSM-09 organizers to potential participants, to encourage experimentation on common problems and datasets.
Members of the media who are interested in obtaining press passes for the conference should contact AAAI at icwsm09 at aaai.org
|J.D. Power and Associates Web Intelligence Division